T.O.MS – Organic Chicken fricasseePosted by: Scott Ko
This recipe is brought to you by the Organic Meat Specialist (T.O.M.S.) opened at the South Melbourne Market in August 2007 by Tom and Jane Niall http://www.toms.net.au/eatings. It has fast become one of the leaders in the Organic and Free Range meat industry and has a dedicated band of followers. To help you make the most of their amazing produce, here’s a chicken fricasee featuring their organic chicken maryland.
To add to your meal plan visit : https://www.mealdish.com/recipe/toms-organic-chicken-fricassee
TOMS is located at Shop 30 in the Deli Aisle of the South Melbourne Market.
– 4 organic chicken marylands
– 2 tbsp plain flour
– 1 tsp salt
– 2 tbsp olive oil,
– 1 onion
– 3 garlic cloves crushed
– 2 carrot coarsley cut on angle
– 4 rashes rindless bacon
-1/4 cup white wine vinegar
-1 1/2 cups chicken stock
– fresh thyme
– Disjoint the maryland chicken so you end up with 8 pieces of chicken and dust with flour and salt
– Dice onion and carrot, and cut bacon and put aside ready to add to casserole, meanwhile heat oil in a heavy based pan with a lid. Brown off chicken pieces a few at a time and set aside
– Add bacon and cook for a minute before placing onion, carrot and garlic in the pan. once these have softened and are covered in the pan juices, place chicken on top, skin-side up.
– Add the white wine vinegar when the mixture has returned to a very high heat. Wait a couple of minutes and pour in chicken stock and thyme.
-Give the fricassee a little stir to ensure nothing is sticking to the bottom of the pan and once the liquid is boiling, reduce to a simmer, place lid on and cook for 45 mins, checking occasionally.
-Serve with white rice or mashed potato and steamed green beans.
Shop 30, Deli Aisle
South Melbourne Market Corner
Cecil & Coventry Streets