Ripe Organics: Asparagus, mushroom and goat’s cheese omelettePosted by: Scott Ko
This recipe is brought to you by ‘Ripe Organics’ and ‘Market Organics’ at Prahran and Queen Victoria Markets (http://www.ripeorganics.com.au/). It has fast become one of the leaders in Organic produce with a dedicated band of followers. To help you make the most of their amazing produce, here’s a breakfast recipe for a mouth-watering omelette.
Add to your MealDish mealplan here!
- 4 Organic Eggs
- 1 tbsp Water
- 2 Spring Onions
- 6 asparagus spears
- italian parsley, chopped
- 20 g butter
- 4 Swiss Brown Mushrooms
- 100 g Holy Goat Fromage Frais
- Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Lightly saute mushrooms in half the butter until almost cooked.
2. Add asparagus spears and saute for one more minute. Remove mushies and asparagus from the pan and set aside.
3. Whisk egss, water, salt and pepper together. Melt the remaining butter on a high heat until just browning.
4. Pour in the egg mixture and stir in a circular motion for 1-2 minutes until just begining to set.
5. Sprinkle asparagus, mushrooms, spring onions over half the omelette, and dot the goats cheese over the other half.
6. Place pan under the grill for 1-2 minutes until the omelette puffs up. Carefully fold the omelette over, and cut in half and serve with italian parsley sprinkled over the top.
1. Ripe Organics
163 Commercial Rd
2. Vic Market Organics
i shed, stall 58-64
(opp. Therry St shops)