Wasabi Mashed PotatoPosted by: Scott Ko
Who doesn’t love potatoes? They are the golden vegetable of deliciousness and versatility. Roasted, fried, hashed, baked – it’s uses are endless and in my opinion deserves the title for best vegetable in existence. This recipe with a twist is brought to you by M.J Mow Gourmet potatoes situated at Prahran Markets. The stall specialises in selling all types of potatoes that would make any potato lover a tad excited. To help you make the most of their amazing produce, here’s a unique Wasabi Mashed Potato recipe guaranteed to provide a kick to your traditional mash! If you are particularly adventurous, you can also buy fresh wasabi from the store. The dish is recommended to be served with grilled salmon and showcases their beautiful potatoes.
1 medium head garlic
1/2 cup milk
4 teaspoons wasabi
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 cup butter, softened
salt & pepper
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
2. Remove outer skin of garlic bulb. Rub with olive oil and place on a small baking sheet.
3. Bake in a preheated oven for 45 minutes or until skin can be easily pierced with a fork.
4. While garlic is roasting, peel and quarter the potatoes.
5. Place in a large pot, cover with water and allow potatoes to simmer until very soft for about 20 minutes.
6. Drain water and mashed potatoes with butter until smooth and fluffy.
7. Squeeze softened garlic cloves out of skin into pot. In a small bowl, mix wasabi powder with just enough water to form a thick paste.
8. Mash garlic and wasabi paste into potatoes, pour in milk and continue to mash until soft and fluffy. 9. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve hot.
Add it to your mealplan here!
M. J Mow Gourmet Potatoes
Shop 108 Prahran Market
163 Commercial Rd Prahran