Beef Skewers with Wasabi MayoPosted by: Scott Ko
M J Mow has had a stall at the Prahran Market since 1891 (120 years!) and they specialise in potatoes and stock special varieties for super mash, the perfect roaster and more. Their potatoes are free from all sprays, and seasonally, they have other exceptional product like sweet onions, horseradish and wasabi.
Not sure what to cook though? Here’s a really interesting, modern take on beef skewers. Best served with a side of the wasabi mashed potato, featuring potatoes from M J Mows!
1 teaspoon fine grated ginger
1/4 cup salt reduced soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
3 teaspoons lemon juice
750g beef rump steak, trimmed and cut into 2cm cubes
1 teaspoon wasabi
1/2 cup whole egg mayonnaise
1. Place the ginger, soy sauce, lemon juice and sesame oil in a non-metallic bowl. Add the beef and toss until coated. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
2. Soak the skewers in cold water for 15 minutes. Drain and set aside.
3. Combine the wasabi, mayonnaise and remaining lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate until required.
4. Drain the meat from the marinade and thread onto the skewers.
5. Heat a non-stick frying pan or stovetop grill over medium high heat and spray with oil spray. Cook the skewers in batches for 6 minutes, turning regularly, or until cooked to your liking.
6. To serve, place the skewers on serving plates. Serve with the wasabi mayo.
Add this recipe to your mealplan here!
Location M. J Mow Gourmet Potatoes Shop 108 Prahran Market 163 Commercial Rd Prahran http://www.prahranmarket.com.au/traders/view/35/m-j-mow-gourmet-potatoes